UNCT AND NATIONAL RESPONSE TO HIV/AIDS
Under the UN integrated programme ”Delivering as One” in Montenegro, the United Nations Theme Group on HIV/AIDS launched a joint project “Strengthening the national response to HIV/AIDS epidemic in Montenegro, through reinforcing implementation of the PHC reform organizational model as a key prerequisite to efficient and sustainable HIV/AIDS service delivery”. The project is financially supported through the Programme Acceleration Fund (PAF) of Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS).
Full access to treatment, prevention of sexually transmitted infections including HIV, mother-to-child transmission and prevention of risky behaviour through promotion of healthy life style are some of the key priorities and programmatic areas of the crucial national strategic documents. This intervention will contribute the most to securing access to delivery of quality, equitable and efficient HIV/AIDS services at the PHC level to the target groups with focus on vulnerable ones.
This project will support further PHC reform process in Montenegro through implementation of the following activities:
- Development of National HIV/AIDS Programme (programme through which the counselling units will provide access to treatment);
- Design and adoption of necessary normative and standards (on conditions of work, necessary human resources, services, spaces and equipment);
- Development of Standards for quality service delivery;
- Development of guidelines and protocols for treatment within PHC counselling units and reduction of mother-to-child transmission;
- Increasing capacities of centres for service delivery through trainings for medical professionals on the new organizational schemes and roles and responsibilities within the new programme.
FACTS AND FIGURES
|Project title:||Strengthening the national response to HIV/AIDS epidemic in MNE, through reinforcing implementation of the PHC reform organizational model as a key prerequisite to efficient and sustainable HIV/AIDS service delivery|
|Project Duration:||June 2011 – June 2012|
|Project Budget:||Available resources $ 75,000|
|Donor:||The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)|
|Partners:||United Nations Theme Group on HIV/AIDS, Ministry of Health of Government of Montenegro, Institute of Public Health, Primary Health Care Centres and Civil society organizations|
|Participating UN agencies:||UNAIDS, UNDP, UNICEF, UNHCR, WHO, IOM|
Vladan Golubovic, UN HIV/AIDS TG Focal Point
UN Coordination Office